Search This Blog

Monday 29 February 2016

Mother's Day Art - Part Two







This poem has hung on the fridge in my parents house for about ten years.  My little brother made it for Mum when he was in school. Not only do I love the poem but I really like the field of flowers on which the poem is written.  I am sharing my version of it with you and I hope you like it as much as I do. 

Only One Mother

by George Cooper

Hundreds of stars in the pretty sky,
Hundreds of shells on the shore together,
Hundreds of birds that go singing by,
Hundreds of lambs in the sunny weather.

Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.




I mixed up four different colours of paint with a little water (you want it to run) and used a teaspoon to drop blobs of paint onto the page. I then held the page so the paint ran downwards. Make sure you have your work surface covered! 

Once the paint is dry you can use oil pastels, crayons, chalk or colouring pencils to turn the blobs into flowers. It is really nice to flick some paint on the page, these can be turned into bees, butterflies or more flowers.  


This was my first attempt, I couldn't quite remember what to do!





No comments:

Post a Comment