Search This Blog

Sunday 17 January 2016

First Confession


I was asked for some art ideas for First Confession. I had a search through my own photos but unfortunately my photo taking can be haphazard and I couldn't find any! 

I have created a Pinterest board 'First Confession' with lots or ideas, colouring pages and templates. 

Here are some of my favourite ideas.


One of the stories that best illustrates God’s love for each one of us is The Lost Sheep. The images of the sheep and shepherds are often used in the Bible. Sheep need to be cared for, protected and looked after by the shepherd. The Parable of the Lost Sheep and the Good Shepherd inspires many displays for First Confession.


Top Left - Sheep Rocks to place on the altar.
Top Right - Paper Quill Sheep
Bottom Left - Wolly Sheep 
Bottom Right - Crayon Resist Art


Top - Paper Doilly Sheep
Bottom Left - Paper Plate Sheep Scene
Bottom Middle - Doilly Sheep
Bottom Right- Wool Wrapped Sheep


Negative Printing

This is an easy printing lesson. Sheep shapes are cut from paper. Wet the paper and place on the sheet. A box wrapped in elastic bands is dipped in green paint and printed on the page. Once dry the shapes are removed and the details are added in crayon. 


Crosses can be decorated with the words 'sorry' and coloured in brightly. 



I thought you'd like this board on Pinterest... http://pin.it/DhefFIB

Check out the Pinterest board to see displays from other schools. 

If you would like to share your ideas with others, please email me or contact me on Facebook. 

Email: irishprimaryart@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment