Search This Blog

Thursday 27 August 2015

Mirror, mirror on the wall....

I spotted a lovely display of self portraits on Pinterest the other day and it reminded me of the song from Alive O!


http://plbrown.blogspot.ie/2011/01/self-portraits-by-awesome-3rd-graders.html



I look in the mirror
And what do I see?

Two eyes, and a nose and a mouth
And that’s me!


So I put together some printables for you to use to display your self portraits. A page with the first verse of the song (I don't remember the rest), and a mirror. The mirror can be enlarged or left as A4 and the children can paint on it or can cut their painting and mount it on the mirror.


I love to see how kids represent themselves. It is a great time of year to talk about how we are all special and unique. This lesson is also a great opportunity for kids to look at themselves in a mirror and for others to say positive things about them, "I like your big blue eyes", etc. 

However you display your self-portraits, have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment