Search This Blog

Sunday 6 September 2015

Dingle Dangle Scarecrows

G

When I think of scarecrows I think of Worzel Gummidge! I grew up in the 80's!! Thankfully these scarecrows are a bit tidier than Worzel. Created by second class, the background is a simple crayon resist. We drew fields with crayon and filled them with different lines to represent different crops. A wash (water and a little paint) over the fields in green and the sky in blue finished it off.

The scarecrows were made by tearing or cutting paper and assembling to make the scarecrows head, hair, and hat! I love how each scarecrow has his/her own personality :)

If you want to sing along while you work here are the song lyrics!

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow

When all the cows were sleeping and the sun had gone to bed

Up jumped the scarecrow and this is what he said

"I'm a dingle dangle scarecrow with a flippy floppy hat,

I can shake my hands like this and shake my feet like that.

When all the hens were rousting and the moon behind a cloud,

Up jumped the scarecrow and shouted very loud

"I'm a dingle dangle scarecrow with a flippy floppy hat,

I can shake my hands like this and shake my feet like that.



Or here is a sing along video : dingle dangle scarecrow lyrics









No comments:

Post a Comment